Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Pearl and Crystal Inspired!

I made two rosaries for my nieces, Bailey and Carly, who celebrated their First Holy Communion this past weekend. I used glass beads in their birthstone color with clear glass beads and bead caps to highlight each decade. Then my son Gabriel mentioned that I never made one for him. So we headed after school to the craft store for him to pick out the kind of beads he wanted me to use. His birthstone is the pearl, so he chose a blue/silver pearl with blue glass beads for each of his decades. In the time he did his chores, I finished it and had it waiting for him. Close up of the girl's beads.
After I was done with his rosary, I made myself a new pair of earrings using a kind of light gold pearls and bead caps like the ones I used in my niece's rosary but in a gold finish.

I will post a pic of Gabe's rosary tomorrow.










No comments: